Friday, October 21, 2011

FUSHIMI-MOMOYAMA STATION

I always get on Keihan Line from Yodoyabashi station to Hirakatashi station to commute.   I know much about between these two stations, so, this time, I hoped to choose station behind Hirakatashi station.   I, then, decided to visit Fushimi-Momoyama station first time.   I rode semi-express from Hirakatashi station and get off at Fushimi-Momoyama station taking 22 minutes.   When I arrived at the station, I realized that Fushimi-Momoyama station is really community-based one, because that seemed small and empty plat home with only a few passengers waiting for a train.

I talked to station staff about important things around station and who use this station and he said “there are some famous historic buildings about Ryoma Sakamoto, who is extraordinary popular person for his work in Edo era, but no one gets off here , since Chushozima station, rather big station, locates just next to this station”, he kept talking disappointedly,  “although the closest station to these famous landmark is here,   people who aim to these building mostly get off Chushozima station, because only local and semi express stops here.   For these reasons, Fushimi-Momoyama station is just for local people and students around there.  


And I moved out from the station.  
“Entrance gate”
My eyes caught a big surprise on the immediate right from an exit.  


A big Torii, a Shinto gate, stand proudly there.   I walked through the torii and entered into Gokonomiya shrine. 
"Gokonomiya"

There, also, is nice “shotengai” near the station.
"Ote shotengai"
Inside the shotengai, there are various shops.


Surprisingly, another station locates very close to Fushimi-momoyama station.


1 comment:

  1. I like that you asked the station attendant for information about the station. I'd like to read more details about the shops and historic buildings. This is a nice area for hiking and sampling the local sake.

    ReplyDelete