Friday, December 9, 2011

Changing Impression

Obviously, my idea what culture, especially Japanese culture is has been changing. To know how the idea has been changed, I will review my old blog posts in this post.




In the first post, "great recommendation about Japanese culture for foreigners", and in the second post, “neighborhood”, I discerned old Japanese-style village which is located near my town and traditional Japanese festival “danjiri”. These town and festival, of course, are good examples of Japanese culture, but problem was that when I knew the topic, I didn't have any idea except for Japanese "TRADITIONAL" culture, like old temples, shrines, festival or something old, in my mind through the research. Before I know it, I had decided that culture is traditional things then.








In the third post, “Keihan-Line station”, I still focused on traditional things. But from then on, I started wondered what real (Japanese) culture is, and have gradually noticed that anything existing there can be culture.






Then, I decided to write about “Japanese Christmas” as my first free topic. In this post, I focused on unique Japanese culture for non-Japanese. Through this research, I knew that Japan had many unique culture that seemed strange for foreigners, so I tried to find out Japanese strange culture that is thought as normal by Japanese, in my free topic posts.




When I went to Arashiyama to research, I perfectly realized that small things which are usually ignored by people actually reflect culture/life there as I wrote on Post 6. Therefore, strange culture/life style were not recognized by people living there.


And now in my last post, I want to say that culture is always changing the form depending on the environment, people, time, and place. All things, people, buildings, and languages can be the culture. Even the things do not seem like directly related with there, it still can be called culture. For example, international students and teachers in Kansai Gaidai can be certain culture in Hirakata or Osaka or Japan. In this way, culture has been changed and will keep changing day by day.

Thank you reading my blog posts so far!! ありがとう!

1 comment: